The MORE...

Aside from being sick, last week was, in my opinion, an exceedingly discouraging week. At least the first half. When I was the most sick, of course... And of course, everything is worse when you're sick. I spent the better part of Tuesday in tears over my lack of job prospects and lack of airplane tickets to see Mom and lack of creative talent and mothering skills and everything else, and let's not forget that I was lacking the ability to breathe.

But it is Monday again, and I can breathe again. Literally and figuratively.

So here's a little of the more I was talking about on Saturday...
___________________________________________________________________

I had a job interview today. For, like, a job I could actually enjoy. Whoa.

I know.

I'm still in some shock. It's with a local bookstore of some repute. And they're looking for someone to start right away.

No, the pay is not great. And no, I have no idea how this works into the whole visiting my Mom thing. And no, they didn't offer me the job on the spot.

However, it was a call-back. And an interview. For a real job. One that involves people and books, two things that I love to work around and with. And it doesn't involve data-entry. Or cold calling. Or any number of other mind-numbing things which I have applied for in recent weeks.

So, yeah. I think it went well. I could have answered a couple of the questions better. Of course, they asked me what I'd recommend to read, and did I mention any of the FANTASTIC mainstream books and authors I've read? Could I remember any of them??? OH, NO. I mentioned a little-known series I read a few months ago, and that's it. Great way to make it known how avid a reader I am, I know.

But... I know the manager of the section I'd be working in likes me, so that's a bonus. I've met her before, so I kind of had some inroads made with her already. Whooo.
___________________________________________________________________

So enough about that. Here's some more of the more:
___________________________________________________________________

It's our anniversary today. EIGHT YEARS. And just to show what old fogies we are, we haven't planned a thing. We didn't even talk about it until two days ago. I think the current plan is to snuggle up in bed and watch some internet TV after the kids go to sleep.

I know.

It's sad.

We do know how pathetic we are right now, though, and plan to work on this issue for next year... Hopefully next year will involve flowers and romantic European getaways... Or something more interesting than internet TV.
___________________________________________________________________

On another, completely unrelated note, the Ladybug showed her colors yesterday... To her amusement and our horror. We went to Backyard Burger for dinner (gourmet, yeah!!) and as we were leaving, a gentleman who was standing next to the exit, and was of somewhat odd physical appearance had noticed the Ladybug and was watching her with a smile. I was not privy to this little exchange, because I was caught up getting her sister to the car, but I had noticed the man watching her as she danced toward the exit.

Anyway, apparently she didn't notice him at first, but when she did, she stopped completely what she was doing and froze, staring at the man. He said hello to her, and at first she didn't say anything, and just sat there staring at him until the Daddy encouraged her to say hello. At which point, she announced, "That man has a funny-looking mouth!"

The Daddy said he was too shocked to do anything except shuttle her out the door as quickly as possible and pray that the gentleman hadn't understood a word out of her mouth. I just sat there in slack-jawed horror as he relayed the story to me.

Lord, HAVE MERCY on us. First KayKay and now the Ladybug?!?! This is His sweet revenge for my swearing that my kids would never be the ones to say such things when I became a parent, isn't it???

No comments:

Post a Comment