Chicken Something

We're having what I like to call, "Chicken Something" tonight for dinner.

As per the name, it usually involves chicken. But not always. There has been "Pork Something," and one time there was even a somewhat inedible "Beef Something." My family, and in particular, the Daddy, puts up with a lot when it comes to my culinary experimentation.

But chicken is almost always it. And other than that, never all the same ingredients twice. Although, oddly, it often ends up tasting sort of mostly the same.

Huh.

Anyway. The Daddy doesn't particularly like Chicken Something, especially when that something comes out of the crockpot. But only because he's highly biased AGAINST the crockpot. For reasons I will never, ever fathom. I LOVE the crockpot. It is my dearest friend in household appliance form.

But tonight, it's Chicken Something in the crockpot. Sorry, Daddy.

After yesterday's fun with the joys of (mild) food poisoning, I didn't feel like doing much for dinner. Yesterday was fun, fun, let me tell you. I'm feeling much better now, but you know, nothing puts me in the mood to cook like some serious nausea and toilet-hugging.

So Chicken Something in the crockpot it is. It's easy and usually tasty (in my opinion, although the kids generally like it, too), and doesn't require hours of prep or much clean-up at all. Usually, but not always, it's creamy and sort of chicken-stewish. I haven't decided if it'll be creamy or not tonight. I'll figure that out closer to dinner time, I guess. But I do know that we'll have the Something with some bowtie pastas tonight - they were on sale, yay!! - although sometimes we have it with rice, or over mashed potatoes, or with penne, depending on the flavor of my starch-craving mood.

I'd share the recipe, except there really isn't one.

**UPDATE** Tonight's Something ended up being creamy, after all. And it had peas in it (that's a new twist). And was, I thought, unusually tasty. And even the Daddy, who groaned when he saw the crockpot out, ended up eating all of his bowl of pastas and the Something. That's also new. Perhaps I'll try to remember this combination of ingredients the next time I go for the Something.

I would be delighted to send/post the recipe on here if my one reader is interested.

And yes, I know my grammar is horrible in this post (and others), and yes, I do have a degree in English, and yes, I do condone the way I wrote it all out. So, nuuuuhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment