Life In All Its Forms

So, here I am again, feeling as though there's not much to write about. Which, in one respect, there isn't. I've been sick for most of this week, so much of the days have passed in a sleepy, snotty, and drugs-mixed-with-loads-of-viatmin-C-induced haze. Whooooo.

I guess I should be grateful. Surprisingly, my immune system has held strong for some time now, and I haven't been sick with a cold or the flu in some months. I'm pleased, actually. I'm usually down for the count for several days every couple of months, and it's been at least five or six months, maybe longer, since I've been sick.

So, though I'm at the tail-end of being sick, and sick of being sick, it's not all bad. I did, however, have big plans for this week which were completely foiled by said germies. Oh, well, next week looks promising.

Let's get on to news - there's some to share!

First and foremost, a number of forlorn and vehement prayers have been answered... In a most interesting way. As I mentioned, my Mom had a stroke a couple of weeks ago. She's out of the hospital and doing pretty well, but I've been super concerned about her, and absolutely desperate to see her... With no practical way of doing that in sight.

See, here's the thing... Right now, we make enough, but not extra. And in the last couple of months, things have gotten a bit tighter due to some unforeseen circumstances. However, I had set aside a bit of money a couple of months ago from our IRS refund to buy tickets for the girls and I to visit my Mom over the summer. But being practically minded, the Daddy and I agreed to use that money for more urgent things, like groceries. We were thinking that I would get a job fairly soon and could at least send the girls for a visit and then I could go out there for a few days myself after I was working. So off that money went to Publix, and not a month later, my Mom is in the hospital and I'm kicking and yelling and berating myself every which way imaginable. Ugh. Always listen to your first intuition! It's usually right. Mine told me to hold on to that money, and I kicked it to the curb.

So I have been scrounging and scraping and searching and praying... Praying. PRAYING. Looking high and low and everywhere to try to figure out a way to get up the money for plane tickets to visit. She lives on the West Coast and insists that I bring the girls, and how can I argue with my Mom who's just out of the hospital? So three tickets it is. No less than EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. And I have searched, believe me.

Nothing.

No job - not even a couple of day jobs to make a hundred bucks.

Nothing.

I'd about given up. I figured the Lord was closing the door, and I should just trust Him that He was going to take care of my Mom.

And my Mom could tell I'd given up when we last talked two days ago, and wasn't happy, but we didn't really talk about it then. So yesterday, she called and left a message basically telling me that I HAD to come and to do whatever it took to get out there. This is very unlike my Mom - she demands I do things, yes, but only things pertaining to me and my life, rarely, if ever, pertaining to hers. And I knew she was right as soon as I listened to the message. But what was I to do? Once again, I sent up a prayer for a miracle.

After I listened to the message, I called my Dad and cried a few tears to him about the whole thing. I didn't want to talk to Mom until I had something, ANYTHING, figured out. I mostly just vented my frustration that the money was nowhere to be found and that the time to buy them was slipping away. He was sweetly sympathetic and offered what help he could, but it still wasn't enough.

And then, just a few hours later, my Mom called me again. And she says, "I'm looking to buy your plane tickets online right now. When do you want to come?"

WHAT?!?!

Apparently, just that afternoon, right after she left that message, she and my step-Dad received notification that some money, for which they'd been waiting and praying for, for OVER a year, had come through! And it came in a way that was very unexpected to them... It's not a lot, but it's enough, and there was a little extra. So they decided to use that extra for tickets for me and the girls to visit!

Whoa. I can't even begin to say what a relief it was to hear that! I felt and still feel as though a huge weight had been rolled off my shoulders. Thank YOU, thank YOU, thank YOU, God.

I am so blessed.

And then there's more. Oh, yes. Of course. This is MY life we're talking about here. It wouldn't be my life if there wasn't more. However, the more is going to have to wait until tomorrow, because this has turned into a novel (as per usual). The Daddy and I need some snuggle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment