Monday Reading: Postponed

So, Monday Reading kind of lost its power. Actually, there was no "kind of" about it. We really did lose power.

Well. I guess I should explain a little.

Early yesterday afternoon we got hit by a major storm and the electricity went out all over the city. It was restored by late afternoon to many people, but we were not among those lucky ones.

Instead, we got to stay up half the night listening to the two-hundred-and-fifty men from the electric company yell at each other over the ear-shattering roar of their God-awful-loud truck while they fixed the power RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW. I honestly think they parked it next to the glass. But maybe I'm being hyper-sensitive.

I shouldn't complain - I mean, I know people who STILL don't have power. And I should be grateful... More than I am, certainly. But some part of me wishes I could have slept.

Anyway.

I actually started a Monday Reading post last week, but after all the power shenanigans yesterday, I'm just not feeling it.

So. Monday Reading is postponed until next week. I'm sure I'll have a lot more to tell about then anyway.

Instead, I'll share something pretty. It is Tuesday after all, and Monday's well in the past already.


Doesn't this just make your heart happy? It does mine. I love spring, despite the crazy weather.

And daffodils are like sunshine and happiness all wrapped up into one blazingly glorious moment. Daffodils are the bow on Winter's gift of Spring. To me, daffodils sing joy and renewal, calling in the next new thing.

Happy springtime, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment