The Ladybug Makes A Confession

So.

The other night I'm on Facebook, doing Facebook things, and I come across a friend whose profile pic had just been changed. Normal, right?

Right. Happens all the time. No big.

It's a photo of this friend's baby and a man whom I assume is a mutual friend. 

So I went on to comment because it's a particularly awesome photo, taken by a particularly awesome photographer, whom I greatly admire.

And that's where the fun starts.

While I was commenting, the Ladybug wanders over to see what I'm doing.

Actually, let me rephrase that.

While I was commenting, the Ladybug spied the photo from ACROSS THE ROOM and came BOUNDING over to the couch bubbling over with excitement and the giggles. "Who's that???" She immediately demands. I tell her I have no idea, because honestly, I do not know. Well, I know the baby, but only peripherally.

But before I can even finish saying, "I don't know." she's already moved on to, "Do you think HE'S MARRIED?"

Well, then.

I glance over at her from the corner of my eye and kind of laugh. She immediately turned bright red and clapped her hands over her mouth.

So I ask, "The baby? Do you want to know if the baby is married?"

"NO, Mommy! The man." She pointed at him on the screen.

ALRIGHTY THEN.

And A MAN is definitely what he is. A big, burly, muscular MAN. And my five-year-old is half in love with him. She wouldn't let me move the screen from this photo for a good five minutes. She even held my hands down so I couldn't move. And sat there staring and giggling and blushing like he was making big, burly, man-ish googoo eyes right back at her.

Photo by Zack Arias.
Ummmm. She's FIVE. Up until now, her only crush was the cow at the local Chic-fil-A. Oh, and my mother's male goat.

She's apparently upgraded.

I'm definitely not ready for this. God help me.

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Oh, Kristen. That is too funny. Are you going to let her write him a letter?? What does DAD think about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I KNOW, Christy!!

    I hadn't thought about having her write him a letter... Hmmm. That both brilliant and terrifying (for me! :O).

    The Daddy was equally as surprised and (somewhat) dumbfounded as I was! He officially dubbed the incident "weird." Ha! :O)

    ReplyDelete