And To All, A Good Night...

Merry Christmas, friends.

Today has been a VERY GOOD DAY. I would venture to say, one of the best days we've had in a while.

I want to remember every moment of this day, to hold it quietly and let it shine in my memory, for those days when it is hard or when I am tired or lonely. I want to remember.

When I am old and grey, I will look back on these cozy winter hours with fondness, cherishing every second - the snow quilted on the ground and trees, lights twinkling, the girls giggles and shrieks as they opened their boxes of delights, the softness of KayKay's hair as I cuddle with her for a minute, a secret smile shared with the Ladybug, my surprise when I found a beautiful gift hidden for me by the Daddy under the tree. I will remember.

Today is about remembrance...  Memories made. Grace given. Perfection in an imperfect world.

Even now, we remember: the prophesy, the journey, the mother, the manger, the star, the Child.

So merry Christmas, friends. I pray your holiday was filled with golden memories that shine bright for years to come. To remember, and be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment