A Year of Memories, A Year of Moments

So here we are, a few hours into 2011... Well, closer to forty-eight hours into 2011, but who's counting?

It is a gloriously bright and beautiful winter's day, much unlike the unseasonably warm weather we had on Friday... Friday, New Year's Eve, was almost like spring has come three months early. Which was okay with me, because it feels like a good time to start blooming anyway.

But I am glad to embrace Mother Winter's return from her day trip, for wherever it was that she went, it obviously pleased her - the sun is shining, outside the air is chilled to perfection, and inside the afternoon light sighs warm through the windows, brightening every corner and glinting like glitter, bringing magic to even the most ordinary things.

So 2010 is over. Unlike most, I am not happy to see it go. But neither am I disheartened to be here, already in 2011. I am just... Me. And 2010, 2011, whatever year it is... Well, that's when it is.

There was no fanfare to welcome the new year - in fact, it was one of our more quiet evenings. There were no resolutions made by me, although I did fleetingly consider one or two.

I personally think that most resolutions - at least the ones that tend to crop up this time of year - are a waste. A waste of time, energy, and emotion. To resolve something - to stand firm in it, or change in such a manner as to eliminate a problem - the word has lost its meaning in much of our modern society. Oh, we resolve to do plenty of things, particularly around New Year's, but most get lost in the shuffle, when it's too hard, and we just don't feel like it. We toss around resolutions like they're fun and easy, when a resolution - I might even go so far as to say ANY resolution - should be entered with thoughtfulness, introspection, and a sobriety that is unheard of by many.

So if there ARE any resolutions that come into being this year, it will be after a time of consideration and prayer. And these last weeks have been too hectic, and I too unwell, to allow for that. Hopefully this week will present more opportunities for reflection, prayer, and thoughtfulness that might lead to some resolve. I don't know.

But in the meantime, I thought I would share the best of 2010 in photos...

January

What started out sweet and happy...

Quickly began disintegrating... 

Into utter silliness.

February

I finally... FINALLY finished the girls' room. Isn't it beautiful??
March

Do I even need to put anything here? 

April

Happy girls on Easter... 

KayKay the cowpoke.
 May

Only the Ladybug would want me to take THIS picture!

Making soup and having a blast!
June

A freshly hatched monarch butterfly... 
July

With relatives like these... 
Do you even HAVE to wonder about me? 
August

Playing dress-up at a friend's.
Man, she loves that dress!
Friends!

September

Unhappy cowgirl.

Three girls and their boots. 

October

KayKay loves Chihuly. So do I. But she's lovelier. 

The Ladybug is, herself, a work of art.

Late afternoon little girls.
November

The girls with Santa Cow.
The Ladybug is a wee bit obsessed.
If Fritzy Von Buckeroo won't have her,
I think Santa Cow may be her second choice. Oy vey. 

December

White Christmas, yay!

KayKay starting her (potential) career as a guitarist.

Cheesy pose, cheesy smile. Happy girl! 

The Ladybug with her new, glow-in-the-dark game.
Cheesy smile part deux. 
And that's that. The moments, the memories... That's all we have left. So goodbye, 2010. It was a good year, dark days and all. And although I feel that I may have had a few more than my share of dark days this year, 2010 was still good to me. I am truly and ever so blessed.

Here we come, 2011. I hope you can keep up with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment