The Revelation

Today is the Day of Revelation. According to tradition, that is.

I thought that was a fitting word for today. There has been much revelation going on in my life lately. Just seeing myself, my life, different. Reflecting on some things that I have taken as TRUTH, when in fact, those things may only be delusions built by my own inability to trust real Truth.

Asking hard questions. Hard questions that are taking a sledgehammer to some foundations that have been laid. Hard questions that are made harder when sometimes, the only answer is faith. And not the pie-in-the-sky faith that sings Kumbaya and buries its head in the ground. No... Not the pretend faith that glosses over the hard things and lets everybody think your life is perfect when you're really screaming inside.

But faith. The real, nitty-gritty faith, the kind that shakes its fist at impossibilities and "the odds" and that leaves your fingertips cracked and bloodied because that's all you've got to hold on to.

I'm not talking about the kind of thing where it's obvious that God has closed a door and you're standing there banging your head against it because you just can't let go.

I'm talking about the kind of thing where you don't even know if the door is THERE. But you're going to keep pounding until Somebody either makes one and opens it, or tells you to shut up and go peddle your wares elsewhere.

I think, for a long time, I've been praying the wrong kinds of prayers with all the right intentions. But, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Point taken, unknown person.

So I've started shifting the way I seek the Face of God.

The last few days have been full to bursting, unearthing questions I'd stopping asking, dreams I'd put away, impossibilities that were... Well, impossible.

In certain areas of my life - my health, for one (and OH! there are PLENTY of others) - I've gotten to complacent, accepting status quo. And it's time for that to end. I have no idea what that looks like (yet), but I know that I am moving into a different place.

I read yesterday over at SimpleMom, a post that basically said, "Never choose good when you CAN choose best." Whoa. Rocked my world, that right there. Because I've been choosing "good" and "good enough" for a good long time.

It's time for BEST. For me to be the best version of me that there is. And with God's help, I'll get there.

Just don't expect to see me next week or next month having lost 50 pounds and running five miles a day and having become Mother Theresa to my children and "the poor." Because I'm more of a realist than I admit, and all-too-often, change is a LONG TIME IN COMING. I know I need it, and sometimes even when I want it, I fight it.

But it's time for best. It's time for the revelation of who *I* can be to come out of the shadows and into LIVING.

So if you do see me next week or next month, though, ask me how the changes are coming. I might need a kick in the pants already.

What's YOUR revelation?

2 comments: