B Is For Ballet And Saturday... Or Something

Good rainy Saturday evening, friends. I'm about to pack it in, but I thought I'd share a few little nuggets before I do...

It's been a wet and gloomy day here, but perfect for our purposes: a whirlwind morning preparing for this afternoon's AMAZINGLY FABULOUS performance of "The Nutcracker" by the Nashville Ballet. Then the performance itself...

The timeless music. *Swoon* The gorgeously glittering gossamer costumes (I'm sure there are more "G" words, but I can't think of any right now). *Double swoon* The perfectly choreographed dancers. The grace which with they move. *Swoon, swoon, swoon* Be still my heart. It is simply so beautiful, I can't even put it into words.

















The Sugarplum Princess at the Nashville Ballet*

The MOST beautiful part, for me, though, was watching the girls. It was the Ladybug's first time to the ballet, and watching her and KayKay sit on the edges of their seats, utterly enchanted, brought tears to my eyes. They loved every minute of it (as did I) and as soon as it was over, KayKay was asking when we were going to see it again. Ha! The child cracks me up. 

So a decidedly wonderful time was had by all, AND we got to share it with some sweet friends, my delightful friend Miss Olivia and her darling little Abby... So fun!!

On another note, I also wanted to share a few links I've discovered over the last couple of days. I'll be honest, although this is the age of the internet and shared media and blah, blah, blah, I don't often WATCH videos online. It's weird, I admit it. Part of it is due to the slow and agonizing death of my computer, which means that most videos get all jacked up when I try to watch them, but another part is that watching videos generally requires me to stop flitting about and actually pay attention for more than 30 seconds. Which in and of itself can be agonizing at times (for me, at least!)... And me being me, oftentimes that 30 seconds is all it takes to COMPLETELY derail my train and leave it's smoldering ashes somewhere in the woods of Forgottenland, never to be found again. 

And speaking of derailed trains... 

ANYWAY. All that to say, I am breaking habit and have not only WATCHED the videos in this little list, but have found them compelling enough to share... 

First... So while I don't actually agree with this crusty old dude's philosophy (phonetic spellings are cute when you're 6, not when you're 60), his presentation is pretty awesome. Especially considering what you find out at the end. Check it out! 

Then my hubby clued me into this nifty little video about folding fitted sheets. Now... That's totally WORTH 30 seconds. I could kiss this woman, for she has just made my life SOOOOO much easier!

Then there's this post, by blogger Dan of Single Dad Laughing, about... Well, wedding cake and dog poop. With a twist. (Intriguing, isn't it? You KNOW you want to click on the link now, huh???) Man, this dude is right on about a LOT of things. I'm a frequent lurker there, and although I don't always agree with what he writes, I can't deny that there is a lot of poetry and power to much of his writing... And in this particular post, he's hit on some things that are big, red buttons for me. But I don't want to give anything away. Maybe I'll write more about it another time, though. 

And for one last video and link... This will blow your mind. Another one the Daddy showed me, I was and still am completely blown away by the video (and following Wikipedia article) about this device. You really need to read the article to truly appreciate it, but still... It's just... WOW. 

So enjoy, friends!

*Note: Photos above are not mine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment