When All You Want To Do Is Hide In The Closet And Eat Brownies...

One of my daughters is lying on the floor under the dining room table crying hysterically because I want her to take her sneakers off.

She's been crying about her inability to tie the laces on them PERFECTLY for 35 minutes now. She only learned how to tie them yesterday.

And the other one is crying because she just (very minorly) burned her finger on the stove while stirring the soup we're having for dinner.

And now the one under the table just hit her head. More crying. This time with hysterics.

*Sigh* I'll be back...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

...Okay, I'm back. Crisis resolved.

The Daddy FINALLY came home, and everything is better when the Daddy is home. Plus forty-five minutes of snuggling and whining while attached to Mommy's hip so she can't even PEE ALONE always helps.

The Ladybug has "clothes issues." And by "clothes issues," I mean CLOTHES ISSUES. Two months ago there was, and I am *NOT* exaggerating here, an HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES of crying over socks. And not just crying. Lying on the floor, dragging herself up the stairs by her fingertips crying because they were "Not the wight socks. I don't wike dese socks, I want DIFFWENT SOCKS."

Look, generally I don't care what kind of socks she wears. But that particular day THERE WERE NO OTHER SOCKS.

Laundry is not my friend, okay? In fact, I'd wager a safe bet that it is my foe. I actually think that it has tried to assassinate me in my sleep a few times.  "The socks... They're EVERYWHERE!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Anyway.

I'm just glad we didn't have anywhere to be that day. Or else that would have been a particularly miserable car ride.

So yeah. It's just kinda been one of those days. Not miserable, certainly. Definitely not REALLY BAD. Not even "just" bad, although it kinda went past "just" bad after forty minutes of KayKay moaning and mooing (yes, I DID write "mooing," because that's exactly what it sounds like!) and griping and crying because she managed to earn herself a nap tomorrow through multiple hours of whining earlier in the day. *Sigh* Yeah.

It's been one of those kinda days where, seriously, all I want to do is hide in the closet and eat the organic-yet-horribly-bad-for-me-and-OH-how-I-love-them brownies that are beckoning me. They're calling my name from the kitchen. Can you hear them??? I do.

And I don't want to share. And I don't want to HEAR anything but the happy sounds of chocolate being stuffed into my mouth. Nothing else. Most especially NOT the sound of my little girl crying because her shoelaces are not PERFECT. Or any kind of whining. EVER.

If I never heard the sound of a whiny child again, it would NOT BE TOO SOON.

Okay. I'm fine. The kids are in bed, PRAISE BE TO GOD WHO LOVES ME, and I kid not, the chocolate in the kitchen is calling my name. I'm outta here.

PS - I tagged this under "Blessings," because, you know... I love them so desperately. And they are my little blessings. Even when I want to hang them up by their toenails and not let them out of their room for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment