Beauty & Fairy-Tale Wonder

I think my heart was created to beat just a little faster at the thought of fairies and fairy-tale things. As a child, I wanted nothing more than to be Tinkerbell (but not the Disney version... I never liked her much. :O) or Shakespeare's Titania (A Midsummer Night's Dream, particularly the film version with Michelle Pfeiffer as Queen Titania... Have you seen it? It's SPECTACULARLY GORGEOUS).

 As an adult, when I entered one of my first creative writing classes my professor (whom I love dearly!) and classmates rather scoffed at my answer to the question, "What moves you to write?" and I answered, "Beauty." But it's the truth. Nothing moves me so much as beautiful sights and at the heart of that is my unabashed delight in all things beautiful... In my home, I am surrounded by beauty. I couldn't be happy otherwise. Seriously. Echoes of all things that awaken the senses and imagination are food and drink to my soul. 

But somewhere inside me is that little girl who still longs to sprout her wings and fly away, off into the sun-drenched unknown. There is something about the beauty and imagination of fairies and princesses and "TWOO WUV" that just makes my soul laugh and weep at the same time. *Sigh* Fortunately, I have little fairy-children who are equally enchanted with all things glitter and fairy-tale. Be still my heart! It's wonderful to see their vast imaginations at work weaving intricate creations of all that is pure and good and beautiful. Such innocence. Such wide-eyed wonder. Such beauty.

And then I found this:

From the DIVINE Sweet Eye Candy Creations

OH. MY. GOODNESS.

Everything about this gives me joy. What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment