Movie Madness!

The back-to-school post will have to wait, I've found a meme on Fiddledeedee that needs my attention. A movie-related meme. Whoo-hooooo! I also added a couple of categories that I thought got overlooked. *Smile*

I will say as a disclaimer that many of the movies on my list are also comedies. What can I say? I like to laugh.

The Movie Meme

(List three per genre)

Favorite Comedy Film

1. There's Something About Mary
2. Waking Ned Divine
3. Something's Gotta Give AND Deuce Bigalow, Male Gigolo are tied... And there are SO many more!

Favorite Romance Film

1. Love Actually
2. You've Got Mail
3. A Walk in the Clouds

Favorite Sci-Fi Movie


1. Pitch Black
2. Galaxy Quest
3. Shaun of the Dead OR Fido (They're both HILARIOUS)

Favorite Animated Movie

1.
The Emperor's New Groove
2. Shrek / Shrek 2
3. Beauty and the Beast

Favorite Disaster Movie
(Okay, so I haven't really watched enough "Disaster" movies that I liked enough to really recommend, so I'm going to put in other stuff that I think could qualify for various reasons... Mostly because there's lots of destruction in them. :O)

1. Children of Men
2. Underworld
3. Any of the Die Hard or Lethal Weapon movies

Favorite Christmas Movie

1. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
2. Love Actually
3. The Grinch (the one with Jim Carrey)

Favorite Horror Movie ...

Okay, I don't do horror at ALL... Fido is about as close as I get. So instead I offer:

Favorite ACTION Movie

1. Mr. and Mrs. Smith
2. The Transporter
3. Snatch

Movies With Music

1. The Sound of Music
2. Fiddler on the Roof
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Favorite Book To Movie

1. Bridget Jones' Diary
2. Emma
3. Little Women (with Winona Ryder)

Favorite Classic

1. Bringing Up Baby
2. Yours, Mine and Ours
3. Rear Window

Favorite Chick Flick

1. Amelie
2. Ever After
3. Don Juan DeMarco OR Benny and Joon

Movie You Could Watch Ad Nauseam

1. The Princess Bride (I have it memorized... Seriously)
2. The Sound of Music (also have this one memorized... Sad, I know)
3. Robin Hood

Best Suspense / Drama Movie

1. The Usual Suspects OR
Fargo (as disturbing as Fargo is, I still think it's a fantastic movie!)
2. Crash (three years later and I STILL think about this movie and how it challenged me on so many levels... Maybe I'm just that shallow, but dear Lord, I hope not! I'd like to think it's just because the movie is just that good!)
3. Dances With Wolves

Favorite Family Movie

1. The Goonies
2. Kit Kittredge (what a sweet story!)
3. Enchanted

Worst Movie Ever Made

1. Titus (with Anthony Hopkins, Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus... I HATE Shakespeare's tragedies... LOVE his comedies, though... And I have to say, I'm with DeeDee on the whole English Patient, thing... Hated that movie, too.)

So there you have it!


2 comments:

  1. ACTION movie! That's what I was forgetting!!! My husband just informed me that I also forgot "Best Western." Well. That would be Urban Cowboy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have The Princess Bride memorized too! Maybe I'll get to this meme later today, it's more intriguing now that you added Action. :)

    ReplyDelete